JPER Online Is a Benefit of Association Membership
An annual subscription to JPER is one of the benefits of your individual membership (faculty, retired faculty, or student) or as a faculty beneficiary of your department's membership with the ACSP, you are entitled to the quarterly printed/mailed journal and access to the journal online. All with an ACSP subscription can access the entire front file and back file of the JPER online at http://journals.sagepub.com/home/jpe. Issues of JPER back through the first issue of the first volume, published in July of 1981, are available through the “Select an Issue from the Archive” link on the JPER homepage.
Receive the printed/mailed journal, or opt for the JPER Online Only
If you haven't done so recently, log-in to your ACSP web profile to determine whether you wish to receive the printed JPER, or only on-line access. If you have trouble accessing your membership profile, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On-Line Only - Watch your email for the weekly Tuesday eNewsletter. In this newsletter we will share the upcoming Table of Contents. The information below will help you access the journal on-line if you have never done so.
- Print/Mail - When we share the TOC in the weekly eNewsletter, you'll know your issue will shortly arrive in the mail. Please keep your mailing address in your ACSP profile current, or send a message to email@example.com to update.
- Faculty of a Member School - We mail to your department's address.
- Individual, Retired, Students - We mail to your home address.
New to JPER Online and Looking for the Login Page?
Please first register your email and create a SAGE password here: https://journals.sagepub.com/action/registration
Account Activation for JPER Online
- After you’ve registered according to the step above, sign in using the same email address and SAGE password.
- Click on My Tools, My Account, Society Member Access. Select Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning from Society drop down menu.
- Put in your ACSP Member ID. Your ACSP Member ID can be found in your ACSP web profile. If you have trouble finding your ACSP Member ID, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you select Activate, you should receive a success message.
- Please note, activation is a one-time process as long as your membership remains in good standing.
Your ACSP Member ID and thus your SAGE online account will expire each year unless your ACSP membership is renewed. Renewal of your membership is necessary to continue accessing the Journal on-line. When you or your planning department renews its ACSP membership, your ACSP Member ID and SAGE password will remain activated.
Technical Assistance with JPER Online for ACSP Members
Please contact the ACSP - SAGE Journals representative, email@example.com, should you need further assistance.
Accessing Archived Materials
All ACSP members can access the entire front file and back file of the Journal of Planning Education & Research (JPER) online at http://journals.sagepub.com/home/jpe. Use the “Select an Issue from the Archive” link on the JPER homepage. To access the full text of JPER back issues, simply log in at https://journals.sagepub.com/action/showLogin using your email and SAGE password. All articles will be available to you through the current issue page, the archive page, or the search bar. When searching from the search bar, type the article name/author name; then choose between the “in this Journal” or “in all SAGE" options.
Accessing Planning-Related Journals
All ACSP members have access to three planning-related journals: the Journal of Planning History, the Journal of Planning Literature, and Planning Theory. Click here for instructions on how to view them.