2018 Case Study Award Winners
- Pooya Ghorbani and Courtney Wolf, New York State Governor's Office of Storm Recovery; Home Buyouts in New York State: Strategies for Maximizing Homeowner Participation
- Aleksandra Maksimovska & Aleksandar Stojkov; SS. Cyril & Methodius University; Improving Municipal Fiscal Health through New System of Property Taxation: Evidence from South Eastern European Countries
- Nestor Garza, Georgia Institute of Technology; Implementation and Effects of Land Value Capture in Bogotá, Colombia
- Jongwoong Kim, University of Cincinnati; Guryong Village Development Decision: Taking, Readjusting, or Just Cancelling?
- Mi Shih, Rutgers University; Ying-Hui Chiang, National Chengchi University, Taiwan; and Hsiutzu Betty Chang - National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan; "Floating TDR" and Land Value Capture in Taiwan: Designing a More Effective Land Finance Tool
- Tej Kumar Karki, Boston University; Politics of Flood Disaster Evacuation in Houston City: A Dilemma of Decision Making Under Climate-Uncertainty
- Allison Laskey, University of California, Irvine; Public Engagement and Detroit's Struggle to Ensure Equitable Development
- Kanako Iuchi, Tohoku University, Japan; Rhetoric of recovering resilient: Unveiling how building back safer transforms into development for prosperity (A case of post-Yolanda rebuilding)
- Liu Ran, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China; The State-Dominated Formalization of Informal Housing: A Descriptive Case Study on Beijing Urban Village
- Agustin Leon_Moreta, University of New Mexico; Land Conservation in the Albuquerque-Middle Rio Grande Basin Region
- Carlos Rufin, Suffolk, University; Johann Friedl, Institute of International Urban Development in Cambridge, MA; Community Toilets and the City: A Solution, or a Defeat?
- Devin Day, Building Research Council in Champaign, Illinois; Dream in Progress: How Two West Side Neighborhoods in Cleveland Transition from Vacancy and Foreclosure to Housing Rehabilitation and Refugee Resettlement
- Allison L. Bridges, Columbia University; Natural Amenity-Led Growth and Environmental Activism in Florianópolis, Brazil
- Thomas Coggin, Fordham University; Using the Law to Protect Informal Urban Livelihoods: a Descriptive Case Study from South Africa
- Donovan Finn, Stony Brook University; Natural Amenity-Led Growth and Environmental Activism in Florianópolis, Brazil
- Tho Tran, Texas A&M University; Affordable Housing and Community Development in Coastal Cities: Are We Spending Money to Put Ourselves in Dangerous Places?