Welcome to INCLUSION (LGBTQIA + Allies)
The special interest group, INCLUSION was formed during the ACSP 2019 Annual Conference in Greenville, SC. The acronym stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Allies. Inclusion requires openness to the intersectional nature of identity, acknowledging the different experiences of people along the lines of race, class, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion and life experience.
Create LGBTQIA inclusive space within ACSP by:
- TRAINING - Training for schools to become more sensitive to INCLUSION issues
- LIAISON - Ensure that Sexuality and Space is recognized within ACSP and other professional planning organizations
- SOCIAL EVENTS - Continue working toward an INCLUSION reception and hosting informal events at the next ACSP conference.
- ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING - Annually conducting this meeting at each ACSP conference.
- SCHOLARSHIP -
- ADVOCACY - Outreach. Continue writing, researching, and publishing on INCLUSION and LGBTQIA issues.
INCLUSION Executive Committee and Leadership
The composition of he Executive Committee is comprised of the officers and a quorum of three other INCLUSION members.
- President (2019-2020)
Michael Frisch, University of Missouri, Kansas City, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President (2019-2020)
Andrew Whittemore, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, email@example.com
- Secretary/Treasurer (2019-2020)
Michael Larice, University of Utah, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Representative
- Nominating Committee Chair (2019-2020)
Ann Forsyth, Harvard University, email@example.com
To become a member, contact Michael Frisch, firstname.lastname@example.org