Welcome ACSP Governing Board Members
This page was created as a helpful resource for you. If you think something is missing, just let me know. I can always be reached at email@example.com and will do my best to respond to you immediately. ~ Donna Dodd, Executive Director
Attending Board Meetings
- Spring Governing Board Meeting - The date of the spring meeting is to be determined and alternates between the APA National Planning Conference and the ACSP Administrators Conference.
- The Fall Governing Board Meeting - The fall meeting has historically be scheduled the Wednesday before the ACSP Annual Conference traditionally scheduled for a Thursday-Sunday pattern. The ACSP strives to host the annual conference in mid-October but this window can stretch to early October or early November.
- Hotel reservations - The next board meeting is April 25, 2020, the Saturday of the APA National Planning Conference in Houston. Follow this link to make your hotel reservations, and find out more about the APA conference.
- Dietary Considerations/Accessibility - Please email Donna Dodd with any considerations
- Report Submissions - Submit any reports to be shared with the board to Donna Dodd.
- Meeting Documents - A link to a Box folder will be shared with members of the board so you can access meeting documents including the current agenda. Setting up a Box account is not necessary and you will receive an email letting you know the folder is available.
- Voting - Members of the Executive Committee, Regional Representatives and Student Governing Board Representatives are the only voting members of the board (16-17/meeting). Non-voting, or ex-officio members do not vote. A quorum is a majority of voting members (9+).
- Long distance attendance - Currently the Association doesn't provide options for long distance attendance. Unique circumstances might prevail however, so please send Donna Dodd a note.
- RSVP - An RSVP is very helpful in order to make sure we order the proper number of meals for everyone. RSVP or cancel an already confirmed response with a quick message to Donna Dodd.
- Submitting new discussion items for the agenda - Submit new items if possible before the upcoming Executive Committee Meeting typically scheduled a month before the board meetings (calendar). Send items of new business to be shared with the Executive Committee to Donna Dodd.
Important Links for Board Members
Nominations for future board members are accepted year-round and we remind with a call for nominations in early winter of each year. The Nominations Committee prepares a slate for voting by the department or program chairs of the Full Member Schools. Newly elected members of the board take their seats at the Annual Business Meeting of the Association which takes place during the ACSP Annual Conference in the fall. (Nominations form being created).
Board Member Roles
- Executive Committee - The officers of the Association comprise the Executive Committee. These officers include President, Vice President, Immediate Past President, Secretary and Treasurer. Specific duties of these officers are outlined in the Association Bylaws.
- Regional Representatives - The regions of the Association were established to facilitate and encourage the pursuit and achievement of the purposes of the Association within geographical areas. There are two representatives from each of the five regions acting as Governing Board members.
- Student Representatives - Two doctoral student representatives hold seats on the board to ensure the concerns of students are reflected in the discussions and decisions of the full board.
- Three academic members of the Planning Accreditation Board appointed by the ACSP President
- The editor(s) of the Journal of Planning Education and Research.
- The ACSP appointed representative to GPEAN.
Governing Board Member Travel Reimbursement
The ACSP Governing Board has set aside $1200 total for the Spring Governing Board Meeting to support ACSP Governing Board members from minority-serving institutions (Historically Black Colleges and Universities; Hispanic-serving, Asian-serving, and Native American-serving institutions).
- Prior to the meeting, please submit your request using the form in the bullet list below (to firstname.lastname@example.org) that explains how your home institution is minority-serving and confirms that financial support is required to attend the meeting.
- After the meeting, please submit receipts to email@example.com.
Additional Board Member Resources