The ACSP Committee on the Academy has two major charges: the first is associated with the Administrators Conference and the second relates to planning programs threatened with closure. The Committee oversees the Administrators Conference and is responsible for: 1) identifying potential sites for the conference along with ACSP staff, as appropriate; 2) recommending a site to the ACSP Governing Board or Executive Committee; 3) planning programming for the conference, involving U. S. planning administrators and possibly PAB as appropriate; 4) serving as liaison with appropriate ACSP committees (Executive, Diversity) with respect to conference content, specifically with respect to the new chairs school, diversity programming, and potentially training for faculty or doctoral students; and 5) overseeing post-conference evaluation and results summary.
In addition to facilitating the biennial Administrators Conference, this Committee responds to threatened departments, either through direct requests by threatened programs or through requests from ACSP leadership. In such circumstances, the Committee contacts current faculty, members of the administration, alumni, and other stakeholders to assess the threat and the alternative responses possible. It writes a situation report regarding the program and forwards this to the Executive Committee for a decision regarding the alternative responses. Should an active response be deemed warranted, the Committee will, in conjunction with the program leadership, coordinate the necessary outreach and documentation.
- Chair: Renia Ehrenfeucht, University of New Mexico, email@example.com [Spring 2017-Fall 2021]
- Dawn Jourdan, Texas A&M University, firstname.lastname@example.org [Spring 2017-Fall 2021]
- Ed Feser, Oregon State University [2017-2021]
- Rolf Pendall, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign [2019-2021]
- Samina Raja, University at Buffalo [2017-2021]
- Lisa Servon, University of Pennsylvania [2019-2021]
- Sheri Smith, Texas Southern University [2019-2021]
- Tim Welch, Georgia Institute of Technology [2019 - 2021]
- Stacey S. White, University of Kansas, email@example.com [2017-2021]
- Joseli Macedo, Dalhousie University, firstname.lastname@example.org [2020-2022]