Conference Registration Open
Every day your ACSP staff wears similar clothing so you can find us in the crowd when you need something. Watch your conference app news feed for a morning photo of what we're wearing that day! Student volunteers are also all wearing special conference t-shirts and are easily recognizable for immediate assistance.
- Wednesday, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, 7:00am - 6:45pm
- Friday, 7:00am - 6:30pm
- Saturday, 7:00am - 6:30pm
Community Center Open & Continental Breakfasts
- Thursday, 7:00am - 2:00pm; continental breakfast 7:00am - 8:00am
- Friday, 7:00am - 6:30pm; continental breakfast sponsored by the American Planning Association, 7:00am - 8:00am
- Saturday, Community Center closed; continental breakfast available 7:00am - 8:00am
- Sunday, Community Center closed; continental breakfast available 7:00am - 8:00am, 1/2 Price Book Sale!
GPEIG Business Meeting & Luncheon
Thursday, 11:15am - 12:45pm
- Donate here to provide luncheon tickets for students
- Advance Ticket Purchases Only - Tickets will not be sold on-site and must be purchased in advance, email email@example.com.
Opening Reception at the Greenville ONE Center
Thursday, 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Tickets required. If you arrive in town late Thursday and don't have your ticket for entry, come to the reception anyway. We'll have your name on a list of ticket-holders.
Easy walking distance, directions provided, watch for student volunteers to guide the way.
Greenville ONE is the business hub of upstate South Carolina and nestled in the West Tower of the ONE Building, at the corner of West Washington and North Main, in the heart of downtown Greenville. It is in the central business district and directly across the street from the ACSP 2019 conference headquarters, the Hyatt Regency Greenville. The Center occupies floors two and three of the high rise, and boasts 36,000 square feet of Class A+ meeting space including networking events, workshops, continuing education classes, art installations, charity and private events.
ACSP is pleased to be hosting the annual conference opening reception at this truly creative event space with floor to ceiling windows offering incomparable panoramic views of the city! Join us for an array of exciting tapas options and some local South Carolina flavor.
The architecture and views alone will entertain the eyes while you catch up with your planning peers in this unique setting. ACSP, the City of Greenville, and Clemson University look forward to sharing it with you!
Annual Business Meeting & Breakfast - All Administrators, Department and Program Chairs Invited
Friday, 7:00am - 8:15am
More than just continental breakfast, please attend to hear the state of the Association, talk about enrollment, and welcome in our new board members for 2019-2021.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Donna Dodd so she can order enough breakfast for all. Thank you!
FWIG Business Meeting & Luncheon
Friday,12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Donate here to provide luncheon tickets for students
- Advance Ticket Sales Only - Tickets will not be sold on-site and must be purchased in advance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets: Want to go mobile in Greenville but haven’t booked a tour? Don't delay, book today! Tours are filling up quickly and the Upstate South Carolina’s Transportation Technology Cluster Tour is already sold out! If you have already registered for the conference and would like to add a Mobile Tour, please email email@example.com; otherwise tickets are available during the registration process.
- Details of Tours: For more information on all of the tours, please visit the tours web page.
Poster Session & Reception in the Community Center
No ticket necessary.
Poster presentations have become a tradition for the ACSP conference. Presenters will be available to share their work during the Friday afternoon reception in the Community Center in two sessions broken down by track (conference tracks).
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm – Tracks 1 – 6
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm – Tracks 7 – 15
Before and after the Friday reception for posters, they will be on display in the Community Center. A committee will judge “Best Poster” on Friday morning so the winning poster can have a blue ribbon to display during the reception. We will also have a People’s Choice award – the winner voted on by secret ballot using the conference app during the reception. The winner of Best Poster will be notified in advance, and announced at the Saturday Luncheon. The winner of People's Choice will be announced via social media. Watch for it!
Every hour during the poster session new snacks are brought out for attendees. Come anytime! Preview the posters using the on-line web schedule.
Friday Alumni & Publisher Receptions
- Journal of the American Planning Association Reception, 6:30pm - 8:30pm at the Hyatt Regency Greenville
- University of California, Berkeley Alumni Reception, 7:30pm - 9:30pm at the Hyatt Regency Greenville
- Columbia University; Cornell University; Harvard University; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; New York University; University of Pennsylvania; and Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Joint Alumni Reception, 7:30pm - 9:30pm at the Hyatt Regency Greenville
- Reception hosted by: Georgia Institute of Technology; University of Illinois at Chicago; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 7:30pm - 9:30pm at The Commerce Club, 55 Beattie Place, 17th Floor, Greenville.
- POCIG Reception to Honor the Ed Blakely Award Winner and co-sponsored by Clemson University, 6:30pm - 8:30pm at Experience Clemson, 1 North Main Street, Greenville
Keynote Luncheon and Faculty Award Ceremony
Saturday, 12:30pm - 2:00pm
Ticket required, advance purchase necessary.
Our keynote for this luncheon will be J. Phillip Thompson. Appointed Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policy Initiatives in February 2018 for the City of New York, he is responsible for spearheading a diverse collection of priority initiatives. Prior to joining the de Blasio administration, Thompson was an associate professor or Urban Planning at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He earned his masters at Hunter College, and his PhD from the CUNY Graduate Center. A lengthy bio for him can be found here, but we certainly hope you'll be with us on Saturday to hear what he has to share with us.
This luncheon will also be our Faculty Award Winner Ceremony. We’ll enjoy a video highlighting all of our outstanding award winners as well as a live awards presentation to our esteemed faculty winners.
Join us immediately after the awards luncheon, in the same room, to meet and greet our keynote speaker as well as congratulate the winner of the Paul Davidoff Book Award. The winner will be on hand to sign the cover of the winning book for you!
Student Reception - GAME ON! Charleston Sports Pub
Saturday, 7:30pm - 9:30pm
No ticket necessary, walking distance, directions provided
Hey Students! Don't just wing it on Saturday at the #ACSP2019 Conference, walk over to the Charleston Sports Pub instead! This reception is free to all students and a great opportunity to mix and mingle PUBlicly with peers in your field. The Charleston Sports Pub is known for their wings and offers a beer list featuring local craft beers and originals from the Charleston area. The pub also features a game room full of video games and a top of the line golf simulator (think Top Golf indoors) which will be sure to provide a lively atmosphere.
We hope you will be able to join your peers for light bites, lively conversation and an original gaming experience on Saturday.
Sunday, 7:00am - 8:00am during continental breakfast; the majority of books on display in the Community Center are now 1/2 price!