Help strengthen the Planning program in the department by developing new courses and research expertise in the area of sustainable urban planning, which may include one or more of the following content areas: community and regional development, land use and livability, urban revitalization, or collaborative planning. Prepare students for work or graduate school by teaching courses in practical physical planning core topics and skills within urban planning, planning theory, and land use. The full time teaching load consists of three courses per semester. Because of the applied nature of our Planning program, strengthening ties with local and community planning agencies in terms of research, education, and internships is important. The successful candidate is also expected to seek external funding for their research program and actively participate in department committee assignments, including a substantive revision of the current Planning major that may include changes needed to seek program accreditation through the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB).
1. specialty in the area of sustainable urban planning;
2. Ph.D. in planning, geography, or closely related field (required by time of appointment);
3. one graduate degree in planning or evidence of formal coursework or professional training in planning;
4. demonstrated experience in planning;
5. demonstrated ability to teach college-level courses;
6. ability to teach one or more of: urban design, planning theory, or land use;
7. demonstrated scholarship record
1. eligible for membership in AICP;
2. expertise in obtaining external funding;
3. demonstrated ability to conduct a research program;
4. demonstrated ability to interact with local and community planning agencies;
5. experience in planning applications of GIS;
6. demonstrated ability to supervise undergraduate research
This position will remain open until filled and the anticipated date of hire is September 1, 2013. For full job description and to apply, please go to: https://jobs.buffalostate.edu.
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.