2019-2021 Governing Board Installed
Monday, November 18, 2019
Each year, a Call for Volunteers gets shared with the member faculty and students. This call includes upcoming open seats for track chairs, committee positions, award committee positions, and seats for the Governing Board. The response to the call initiates the preparation of a slate of candidates prepared by the ACSP Nominating and Elections Committee. Submitting a collective decision by their faculty, department and program chairs of full member schools voted the following faculty into position beginning in the Fall of 2019. These new board members took their seats October 25 at the Annual Business Meeting of the Association held during the conference in Greenville. Welcome new and re-elected board members!
- Marlon Boarnet, University of Southern California, having served two years as Vice President/President Elect, now steps in as President for 2019-2021.
- Weiping Wu, Columbia University automatically takes her seat as Immediate Past President and serves in this capacity for one year, 2019-2020.
- Carissa Slotterback, University of Minnesota, Vice President/President-Elect, 2019-2021.
- Michael Boswell, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Treasurer, 2019-2021; replaces Joe Grengs, University of Michigan, 2017-2019.
- Stacey S. White, University of Kansas, Secretary, 2019-2021; replaces Carissa Slotterback, University of Minnesota, 2017-2019.
- Stacy Ann Harwood, University of Utah, West Region Representative, 2019-2021; replaces Richard Margerum, University of Oregon, 2017-2019.
- Renia Ehrenfeucht, University of New Mexico, Central Region Representative, 2019-2021; replaces Austin Troy, University of Colorado, Denver, 2017-2019.
- Zorica Nedovic-Budic, University of Illinois Chicago, Midwest Region Representative, 2019-2021; replaces Lucie Laurian, University of Iowa, 2017-2019.
- Tom Sanchez, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Southeast Region Representative was re-elected for a second term 2019-2021.
- Justin Hollander, Tufts University, Northeast Region Representative, was re-elected for a second term, 2019-2021.
- Lisa Servon, University of Pennsylvania, Northeast Region Representative, was appointed to serve a one year term, 2019-2020; replacing Laxmi Ramasubramanian who moved to a different school outside of the Northeast Region.
The ACSP Governing Board consists of voting and non-voting members. The seventeen voting members are the four officers (president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer), the past president, ten regional representatives, and two student representatives appointed by the president. The non-voting members are the three academic members of the Planning Accreditation Board appointed by the ACSP president, the editor(s) of the Journal of Planning Education and Research, and the ACSP appointed representative to GPEAN. The Association bylaws require that the Governing board meet at least annually. The Spring meeting coincides in time and location with the American Planning Association’s National Planning Conference, and the Fall meeting with the ACSP Annual Conference.