Safe and Sound When Buffalo Bound!
Monday, September 10, 2018
While traveling is fun and exciting (and, in this case, even educational!), it's important to take some precautions to protect ourselves even while attending a large group conference. Check out the bullets below to ensure your Buffalo experience is a safe and enjoyable one!
- Avoid using public WiFi or other networks “in the area” such as Starbucks or McDonald's, as these can easily be spoofed.
- Only log into the Convention Center WiFi:
To ensure your connection is a secure one, only log on to the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center’s secure WiFi. Here's how:
- Open Wireless Network: Select “BNCC” Network
- Open in Browser
- Accept Terms & Conditions
- Click “Log-In"
- Password-protect phones and add tracking tools
- Don't post location or agenda on social media
- Bring only what you need and lock up what you do not
- Keep a record of important documents
- Monitor credit cards and reports
- Always be aware of your surroundings both in and outside of the hotel and convention center
For more detailed information on this staying safe, click here.
We look forward to seeing you in Buffalo for #ACSP2018!