To solicit and review applications and submit recommendations for educator membership in the Planning Accreditation Board site visitor pool. To review and advise the ACSP Governing Board, Officers, and Membership on PAB matters of importance to ACSP. The chair of this committee is appointed by the president.
- Chair: Mickey Lauria, Clemson University, firstname.lastname@example.org [2014-2019]
- Ann-Margaret Esnard, Georgia State University, email@example.com [2015-2019]
- Justin Hollander, Tufts University, firstname.lastname@example.org [2015-2019]
- Rachel Kleit, The Ohio State University, email@example.com [2017-2019]
- Marla Nelson, University of New Orleans, firstname.lastname@example.org [2017-2019]
2018 Policy on Educator Applicants to the Planning Accreditation Board Site Visitor Pool
- Applicants may nominate themselves, they may be nominated by their Department Chair, Director, or Dean, or they may be nominated by another member of the PAB site visitor pool.
- An application will be considered complete only when both of these submissions have been received by the ACSP Site Visitor Selection Committee Chair. Each application shall consist of:
- a cover letter and current resume from the applicant, and,
- one letter of support from the applicant’s Chair, Director, Dean, or, from a member of the PAB site visitor pool.
- To be eligible, an applicant must be a full-time tenured faculty member with a program currently holding PAB accreditation.
- The applicant’s record must be sufficient to demonstrate that s/he is an active and respected participant in the nation’s community of planning scholars, and is therefore well-qualified to represent the community in the accreditation process.
- The required letter of recommendation shall be sent directly to the ACSP Site Visitor Selection Committee Chair and shall address:
- the applicant’s ability to speak with authority about planning education in North American universities;
- examples of the applicant’s activities either within his/her department or within the planning community, that suggest the applicant’s appropriateness for the site visitor pool;
- the applicant’s written and oral communication skills;
- the applicant’s ability to work effectively in a team any other characteristics of the applicant that might have bearing on site visitor performance.
- The ACSP President will seek the guidance of the ACSP Site Visitor Selection Committee on all complete applications; following review by the Committee, the President shall forward to the PAB the names of both a) those applicants deemed eligible to participate as educator members of the Site Visitor Pool, and, b) those not recommended.
- The Planning Accreditation Board will make the final selection and will inform all applicants of the outcome.