JPER Online Is a Benefit of Association Membership
As one of the benefits of your individual membership (faculty, student or retired faculty) or as a faculty beneficiary of your university department's membership with the ACSP, you may be entitled to access the electronic version of the Journal of Planning Education and Research (JPER) online. All ACSP capitated faculty, individual, retired and student members can also access the entire front file and back file of the JPER online at http://jper.sagepub.com. Issues of JPER back through the first issue of the first volume, published in July of 1981, are available through the “Select an Issue from the Archive” link on the JPER homepage.
New to JPER Online and Looking for the Login Page?
To access the full text of JPER back issues, simply click the Member Login button below. All articles will be available to you through the current issue page, the archive page, the “Search for Articles” link, or the “Quick Search This Journal” bar. What follows are specific instructions for setting up your account to view JPER online.
Account Activation for JPER Online
If you have not previously activated your account, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the Journal of Planning Education and Research site at http://jper.sagepub.com.
- As a first time user, click on the "subscribe" tab up top.
- On the resulting page, click on the activation link “Activate Your Editor/Society Member Subscription”
- You will be prompted to enter your ACSP Member ID and select your society (ACSP) from a pull down menu. Your ACSP Member ID will be provided to you in your ACSP web-based member profile.
- After you enter your ACSP Member ID, select your society, and click "Submit," just follow the simple instructions on the screen. On the “Instructions” page, be sure to check your personal data, enter a username, and password, and click submit to confirm the activation. Do not click the Journal Title link until the confirmation process has been completed.
- Once complete, return to the electronic journal homepage and select the journal cover for access to the current issue or click “Current Issue.”
- To select an issue from the archive, click “Select an Issue from the Archive,” located in the middle of the screen
- To search for articles, either click “Search for Articles” or use the quick search located at the bottom of the screen.
To activate your account, you will create a username and password to use when returning to the site. If you forget your username or password, go to the “subscriptions” link on the left side of the page and look for the link “What to do if you forget your User Name and/or Password.” You will be asked to provide some information about yourself. Upon confirmation of the information, the username or password will be emailed to you.
Your ACSP Member ID and your online account expires each year. Renewal of your membership is necessary to continue accessing the Journal. When you or the university planning department renews its ACSP membership, your Member ID will be reactivated.
Technical Assistance with JPER Online for ACSP Members
If you require technical assistance, please contact the ACSP - SAGE Journals representative Shelly Monroe at Shelly.Monroe@sagepub.com.
Accessing Archived Materials
All ACSP members can access the entire front file and back file of the Journal of Planning Education & Research (JPER) online at http://jper.sagepub.com. Use the “Select an Issue from the Archive” link on the JPER homepage. To access the full text of JPER back issues, simply log in at http://jpe.sagepub.com/cgi/login using your member ID and password. All articles will be available to you through the current issue page, the archive page, the “Search for Articles” link, or the “Quick Search This Journal” bar.