Faculty, Retired Faculty and Students
Individual membership allows faculty and students from non-member schools to participate in the full-range of ACSP’s planning education and research activities. Individual members shall receive capitation services and publications. Individual members may attend meetings of the Association, participate in discussions and deliberations, serve on or chair committees, but may not vote or hold office (ACSP Bylaws, revised 2014).
- Share your Voice - Pose questions and respond to colleagues using the UNIVerse discussion forum.
- Peer Recognition - Individual members are eligible for most ACSP awards, travel scholarships and prizes.
- Planning News – Relevant news added almost daily
- Member News – A quick scroll down the Planning News page is where you share with your colleagues what is happening with your department.
- Weekly Email Newsletter – Emailed to everyone (3000+) with an account at www.acsp.org, this newsletter provides recent headlines from the ACSP Planning News including news from ACSP, Member News, ACSP Annual Conference highlights, faculty announcements, most recent job position postings, deadline reminders, and much more.
- Planning Blogs – Regular additions to our blogs provide insights and expertise on urban and regional planning education and research.
- Faculty Resources - Searchable database of member faculty and file libraries are both in development.
- Resources for Students & New Faculty – Summer workshops (pre-doctoral, junior faculty of color, PhD workshop, job market workshop), resume review at the Career Center at the Annual Conference; faculty mentoring relationships, Bowling League student list serve, special conference events, conference app/connections, student representation on the ACSP Governing Board.
- ACSP Interest Groups - Connect with your like-minded peers by participating with the Faculty Women's Interest Group, the Global Planning Educator's Interest Group, or the Planners of Color Interest Group.
- Career Center Online - Scroll positions available in planning academia and beyond; post your resume if you're on the job market!
- Career Center at the Conference - Member schools of ACSP host Information Sessions about their department and positions available during the Career Center at the Annual Conference.
- Discounted Subscriptions to JPER – A portion of membership dues for Individual Members ($30 for faculty; $25 for students) will provide each a print and on-line annual subscription to the Journal of Planning Education and Research, the official journal of the ACSP, with complete front and back files dating back to 1981 (normally a $149 value for an annual individual subscription).
- Online Access to Other Journals - SAGE Publications, as publisher of JPER, will also provide Individual Members online electronic access, as available, to the volumes published in calendar year 1999 and thereafter of the Journal of Planning History, the Journal of Planning Literature, and Planning Theory.
- Discounts on Book Purchases - Additionally, members will be entitled to a ten percent (10%) discount off the retail price of SAGE Publications' books (such discount to apply only to purchases made directly from SAGE and excluding SAGE's affiliates' products.
- Annual Conference – One of the largest events of the year for planning educators and students, the ACSP Annual Conference attracts nearly 1200 faculty and students from across the United States and internationally. Present findings of your current research, make personal connections for feedback and collaboration. Peer-reviewed abstracts are the foundation for the nearly 200 academic paper sessions and round table discussions at the Annual Conference held in the fall. A small trade show provides introductions to book publishers, journal editors and other vendors providing products to help better educate your students, assist with on-going research and the implementation of projects. Attending the conference while on the job market provides direct access to those currently hiring (see more information about the Career Center at the Conference.).
- Training Workshops at Annual Conference - ACSP endeavors to provide workshops each year to train in the necessary skills to advance your academic career.
- AICP CE Credits – Continuing education credits needed to obtain or maintain your AICP credentials are easily gained by attending pre-approved sessions at every ACSP Annual Conference.
- Conference Registration Discounts - individual Members are entitled to conference registration discounts equal to the cost of a full-year membership.
- APA Early Career Membership Program - The first year of participation in the APA's Early Career Membership Program is at no cost to students of Full Member schools.
There will be separate consideration of dues for the following categories of Individual Membership:
Retired Faculty: $50/year
Students (Currently Enrolled/Post Docs): $35/year