Step 1 (Now) - Inform the ACSP of your intent to host a reception using the form below.
Complimentary reception space at the hotel is available on a first-come, first-served basis and the ACSP will assist you with a reception room reservation. Submit the form below. The ACSP conference staff and hotel convention services manager will determine the best room fit for your event and in September will provide to you:
- the name of the room in the hotel for your event
- confirmation of the date and time requested
- the name and phone number of the hotel contact to confirm the catering and payment details for your event
Step 2 (September) - The details of the event are then in your hands!
Your company/university representative is then responsible for working directly with the hotel to confirm the catering and payment details for your event. A simple contract will be required between your organization and the hotel which will outline these details.
- Have an idea of your budget! Many folks don't realize that hotels have a required service charge typically around 24% in addition to state sales tax. Also, just because your institution is tax-exempt in your state, doesn't necessarily mean it will be considered tax-exempt in all other states. You might check this out with your accounting department before moving forward.
- Review the menus and have ideas for your catering choices. The hotel representatives will assist you with your final menu decisions according to your budget.
- The hotel will work with you on billing arrangements. They accept credit cards as the easiest method of payment and sometimes require an advance deposit.
Event listings in the conference program
The name of your event, date and time will be published in the ACSP on-site conference print program and on the App schedule. Be sure to let us know immediately if any name, date or time details of your event change before the first week of September.