Poster presentations have become a tradition for the ACSP conference. Presenters will share their work during the Friday afternoon reception in the Exhibit Hall. Before and after the Friday reception for the posters, the posters will be on display in the Exhibit Hall.
There will not be a timed presentation of your poster with a captive audience, but during this reception, you must be available to answer questions from those attending.
A committee will judge “Best Poster” and we will also have a People’s Choice award – the winner chosen by secret ballot using the conference app. Both prizes announced at the Saturday Luncheon.
- After receiving notice of your acceptance, please let us know if you DO NOT intend to bring your poster to the conference this year. If you are bringing your poster there is no need to reconfirm. Send a quick email of your withdrawal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All posters will be highlighted in the conference program and conference app, and a poster that doesn’t appear at the session will cause disappointment.
- Poster dimensions are approximately 30” x 40” with no minimum size and a vertical orientation is the easiest for us to accommodate. The poster must be able to be affixed to the poster boards with simple push pins.
- Posters must be brought to the ACSP Conference Registration Desk starting Thursday morning of the conference, and no later than 2:00pm on Thursday of the conference.
- Posters can be removed at any time after the Friday reception in the exhibit hall, but we recommend leaving them on display through the end of Saturday.
- Any posters left after Sunday will be left with the hotel’s recycling program.
Lightening Presentations - New for 2017
Lightening Presentations are for Transportation and Housing & Community Development Tracks only this year.
The format for lightening presentations is designed to provide lively, informative, interaction among the researcher, discussant and the audience. Requirements for the abstract submission are the same for the lightening presentation option as they are for posters and papers.
- Five minutes will be allowed for each presentation; a live countdown clock will be visible. Presenters will be warned when one minute remains, and when time is up, the presentation ends, even if in mid-sentence!
- Five (5) minutes of discussion and Q&A from the audience will follow each presentation. If questions from the audience do not fill up the 5 minutes, the moderator will move on to the next presentation.
- Each presenter will be allowed three slides maximum (not including the title). It is required these slides be turned in on Thursday of the conference. No changes will be allowed after turning them in.
- The presentation does not require a submitted final paper.
- The audience will be invited to submit additional questions or comments directly to researchers immediately following the presentation using the conference app (instructions to attendees will be provided).
- We will be looking for strong moderators and discussants for this new presentation format! If you'd like to volunteer, please contact Donna Dodd, email@example.com.
- Track chairs reserve the right to invite submitters of accepted paper abstracts to participate in a lightening session if they feel the submission is a work in progress.
Program questions should be addressed to: Rayman Mohamed, ACSP National Conference Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract submission procedure and payment questions should be addressed to: Donna Dodd, Conference Director, email@example.com.