Deadline for Nominations - The window for 2017 nominations is now closed.
The ACSP award called the Martin Meyerson Award for Distinguished Leadership in Higher Education, recognizes sustained contributions in academic administration by an urban/regional planning scholar/educator that have led to significant national and/or international impacts on higher education. This award is to be presented every other year at the ACSP Administrators Conference.
The 2017 Martin Meyerson Award Committee
- Nominations may come from faculty or administrators at ACSP-member schools.
- Nominations must include a letter that states the ways in which the nominee has enhanced higher education in the U.S. and/or beyond through his or her administrative work.
- Nominations should include a PDF curriculum vitae and at least two PDF letters of support from individuals who are familiar with the nominee's contributions to higher education leadership.
- Additional supporting documents may be provided as well, if desired.
Chris Silver, Committee Chair, University of Florida, email@example.com
- Michael Oden, University of Texas at Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonia Hirt, University of Maryland, email@example.com
Past Award Winners
- 2015 Bruce Stiftel, Ph.D., FAICP, Professor and Chair, School of 'City and Regional Planning, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2013 Christopher Silver, Ph.D., FAICP, Dean, College of Design, Construction and Planning, University of Florida
- 2011 No award given
- 2008 Jay Chatterjee, FAICP; Dean Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Architecture and Planning, College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning, University of Cincinnati
- 2007 Linda C. Dalton, Executive Vice Provost and Chief Planning Officer, California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo (currently Vice President, Planning & Enrollment Management, California State University, East Bay)
- 2005 Carl V. Patton, President, Georgia State University