Nominations Open in March 2019
The ACSP award called the Martin Meyerson Award for Distinguished Leadership in Higher Education, recognizes sustained contributions in academic administration by an urban/regional planning scholar/educator that have led to significant national and/or international impacts on higher education. This award is to be presented every other year at the ACSP Administrators Conference.
The 2017 Martin Meyerson Award Committee
- Nominations may come from faculty or administrators at ACSP-member schools.
- Nominations must include a letter that states the ways in which the nominee has enhanced higher education in the U.S. and/or beyond through his or her administrative work.
- Nominations should include a PDF curriculum vitae and at least two PDF letters of support from individuals who are familiar with the nominee's contributions to higher education leadership.
- Additional supporting documents may be provided as well, if desired.
Chris Silver, Committee Chair, University of Florida, email@example.com
- Michael Oden, University of Texas at Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonia Hirt, University of Maryland, email@example.com
Past Award Winners
- 2017 Wim Wiewel, President, Lewis & Clark
- 2015 Bruce Stiftel, Ph.D., FAICP, Professor and Chair, School of 'City and Regional Planning, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2013 Christopher Silver, Ph.D., FAICP, Dean, College of Design, Construction and Planning, University of Florida
- 2011 No award given
- 2008 Jay Chatterjee, FAICP; Dean Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Architecture and Planning, College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning, University of Cincinnati
- 2007 Linda C. Dalton, Executive Vice Provost and Chief Planning Officer, California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo (currently Vice President, Planning & Enrollment Management, California State University, East Bay)
- 2005 Carl V. Patton, President, Georgia State University