Deadline: We are beyond the deadline for this year.
The Ed McClure Award recognizes superior scholarship in a paper prepared by a masters student in an ACSP-member school. Submissions may address any topic of investigation generated in the course of pursuing a master’s degree in urban/city/community/town/regional planning.
- Papers should result from a one-term regular class. Master's theses, terminal professional reports and student group projects are not eligible.
- Submissions should have been prepared during academic year 2014-2015 or 2015-2016.
- Nominations (limited to one per program) must come from the program chairperson or the faculty advisor; students are urged to ask the appropriate faculty members to nominate their papers. Nominations should indicate the course for which the paper was prepared, and optionally may include a note from the instructor of this course recommending or explaining the context of the paper.
- The PDF paper submission should not exceed 45 pages of text including graphics, must be double (or 1.5) spaced with margins of 1" or greater and have a font not less than 12 points.
- This award carries a cash grant of $100 USD, a certificate presentation, plus student registration to the conference including an opening reception ticket and awards luncheon ticket.
- The student will be invited to present the award winning paper at a special session on the Saturday of the conference.
The Edward McClure Award Committee
Josh Drucker, Chair, University of Illinois at Chicago, email@example.com
Bryce Lowery, University of Oklahoma
Chris Tilly, University of California, Los Angeles
Past Award Winners
The entire history of award winners can be found here at www.acsp.org.