Deadline: June 1
In recognition of the commitment of our late colleague, Gill-Chin Lim, to the study of humanistic aspects of globalization, the ACSP Global Planners Educators Interest Group (GPEIG) has established an award in his name: The GPEIG Gill-Chin Lim Award for the Best Dissertation on International Planning. This award is funded annually by the Consortium of Development Studies (CODS), which was founded by Dr. Gill-Chin Lim in 1982. The Gill-Chin Lim Award for the Best Dissertation on International Planning recognizes superior scholarship in a doctoral dissertation completed by a student enrolled in an ACSP-member school.
The Dissertation Committee chairperson jointly with the department chair or director of graduate studies will make the nominations. It is expected that submissions will be selected through a participatory faculty and student process. The nominees must have received their degree in the two years preceding the deadline.
The award committee will evaluate the submissions based on: a) innovative scholarship and perspective that advance the understanding of the diverse processes of international planning in the global context, with a special focus on low-income countries of the “Global South;” b) relation to global cooperation, global social responsibility, global ethics, and respect for global diversity pursued by GPEIG; c) creativity in exploring/proposing international planning alternatives; and d) organization, structure, style, clarity, and originality.
- The winner will be invited to present the award winning paper in a special session on the Saturday of the Annual Conference.
- This award includes a $1,000 cash grant and waived full student conference registration.
- One file to include: The full dissertation (including table of contents and abstract); two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the chair of the nominee’s dissertation committee indicating why the nominated dissertation is deserving of the award; and official university document indicating the date of award of the degree.
Gill-Chin Lim Award Committee
- Lucie Laurian, Chair, University of Iowa, email@example.com
- Ruth Yabes, University of Florida
- Emel Ganapati, Florida International University
Past Award Winners
The entire history of award winners can be found here at www.acsp.org, PUBLICATIONS AND ARCHIVES then ARCHIVES then AWARDS.