Affiliate Membership is open to any U.S. academic unit that has a clear interest in planning, but does not offer a degree in planning (ACSP Bylaws, revised 2014).
Corresponding Membership is open to any non-U.S. academic unit that offers a degree in planning (ACSP Bylaws, revised 2014).
Faculty and students of either Affiliate or Corresponding members may serve on and chair committees but may not vote or hold office at the Association level (ACSP Bylaws, revised 2014). Affiliate or Corresponding members may pay capitation fees so that their faculty may receive capitation services, including publications (ACSP Bylaws, revised 2014).
Cost: Base Dues of $115 + $50 for each capitated faculty
Capitation: Affiliate and Corresponding Members must pay base membership dues and may elect to pay capitation for those of their faculty that they wish to receive the associated services (ACSP Bylaws, revised 2014).
Additional Benefits for Affiliate & Corresponding Members
- Participation in meetings of the Association is open to all faculty and students of Affiliate and Corresponding members.
- Faculty and students or Affiliate and Corresponding Members are eligible for most ACSP awards, scholarships and prizes.
- Affiliate and Corresponding Members are invited to participate in the on-line Guide to Undergraduate and Graduate Education in Urban and Regional Planning. Capitated faculty of Affiliate and Corresponding Members will be searchable in the on-line Guide database.
Affiliate and Corresponding Members can post job announcements and other appropriate information to the ACSP website.
- Capitation payments will provide faculty of Affiliate and Corresponding Members with print and on-line annual subscriptions to the Journal of Planning Education and Research.
- Faculty of Affiliate and Corresponding Members are entitled to conference registration discounts.