The Architecture and Environmental Design Program (BSAED) in the School of Architecture and Planning (SA+P) at Morgan State University (MSU) is a four year pre-professional degree program that prepares students for entry level positions within the built environment disciplines and serves as a feeder for professional graduate school programs including Morgan’s Master of Architecture, Master of Landscape Architecture, and Master in City and Regional Planning. The BSAED program supports the University’s mission by providing access to the architecture and environmental design professions for underrepresented minority students, and engaging in research on issues confronting urban areas in the Baltimore Metropolitan region, United States, and the world. The SA+P is housed in the Center for the Built Environment and Infrastructure Studies (CBEIS), a state of the art interdisciplinary facility in northeast Baltimore City.
The School of Architecture & Planning (SA+P) invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position to begin August 2014. Candidates should have an established record of professional and academic achievements within their field, and be prepared for the responsibilities expected of a faculty member in a Carnegie-designated research institution.
The successful candidate will take a leadership role in the:
• Development and enhancement of the urban design undergraduate curriculum; Advancement of research and scholarship in the fields of Urban Design, Urban Revitalization, and Urban Sustainability; and
• Support of SA+P’s commitment to engage with Baltimore’s planning and design professional community, as well as local neighborhood groups.
Teaching responsibilities will include teaching urban design and urban history within the introductory history and theory courses, and design studios and lecture/seminar courses at the upper levels.
• Terminal degree in their field of study.
• Ph.D. and/or professional licensure. Candidates who have passed several tests and demonstrate a path toward licensure will be considered.
• Prior teaching and professional experience.
• Potential for executing an agenda of research and exemplary professional work.
• Ability to work with colleagues in a collaborative environment and be able to relate to a diverse student population.
Compensation and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Morgan State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a statement of interest, including areas of teaching expertise and current or planned academic research; one-page biography, 300 words or less; curriculum vitae; examples of creative/scholarly work, 20 pages in PDF format (maximum); and three references with contact information.
For fullest consideration, please submit materials electronically by March 21, 2014. Position will remain open until filled.
Gabriel Kroiz, BSAED Program Director / Assistant Professor, Architecture and Environmental Design Program firstname.lastname@example.org