Congratulations to APA’s Student Award Winners
Monday, March 5, 2018
2018 AICP Student Project Awards
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology for its “Connecting Bowdoin Geneva: A Plan for Community and Commerce” and Portland State University for its “Umatilla Together: A Framework Plan” in the Category of Application of the Planning Process
- University of Michigan for its “Stabilizing Morningside” in the Category of Contribution of Planning to Contemporary Issues
- Arizona State University for its “The High Cost of Unaffordable Housing in Ketchum, Idaho” in the Category of Applied Research
The AICP Student Project Awards recognize outstanding class projects or papers by a student or group of students in Planning Accreditation Board — accredited planning programs that contribute to advances in the field of planning.
2018 Outstanding PSO Awards
- University of New Mexico’s APA NM in the Category of Involvement with APA
Arizona State University’s Student Planning Association in the category of Community Outreach
- University of Illinois at Chicago’s Student Planning and Policy Student Association in the category of Best Practices.
Winners receive a $1,000 donation from APA to support future student organization activities. An honorable mention goes to Georgia Institute of Technology’s Student Planning Association.
The Outstanding PSO Award program recognizes the exciting and creative activities carried out by Planning Student Organizations that enliven student life, contribute to their communities, and connect to APA, APA Chapters and APA Divisions.