Happy Re-New Year, ACSP Member Schools (Full, Affiliate, & Corresponding)!
Monday, January 8, 2018
Dear ACSP Member School,
With the holidays behind us and the new year upon us, it’s time for our esteemed ACSP Full Member, Affiliate Member, and Corresponding Member schools to renew their membership dues for 2018. Helpful steps to complete this task can be found below. If you need help, I am here to assist in any way.
While I am still relatively new to the ACSP staff and member network, I am humbled and impressed by the level of support, community, and scholarly excellence that this group provides and sustains. We hope that ACSP membership has been a valuable investment for your department and institution, and I wanted to take a moment to highlight some member benefits as well as some new opportunities for you, your department, your faculty, and your students. Here are a few of my favorites with links to find more information. We hope you’ll take advantage of all of them!
- Affiliation, Department & Peer Recognition - When prospective planning students at every collegiate level are exploring their options for higher learning, ACSP’s diverse list of member schools, various informative web pages about academic planning and support of accreditation of programs helps them make a more confident decision. ACSP is interested in promoting the news of all member schools and successes of their faculty and students! The ACSP news network reaches nearly 3,000 registered individuals on a weekly basis inclusive of faculty, students, professional planners, and corporate suppliers in support of planning academia.
- Annual Conference & Administrators’ Conference - Member school faculty are entitled to discounted registration rates. The Annual Conference and bi-annual Administrators’ Conference provide the opportunity to fellowship, network, and collaborate with your planning peers.
- Our Journal & Publications - JPER is a forum for planning educators and scholars (from both academia and practice) to present results from teaching and research that advance the profession and improve planning practice. Members receive the quarterly printed journal and can view our journal online with archives of articles dating back to the first issue of the first volume published in July of 1981!
- Career Center - Member departments receive three free position announcements at the ACSP Career Center (value $807) and three free resume purchases (value $75).
- For Students & New Faculty - From workshops to mentoring, to interest groups and special sessions at the annual conference, ACSP offers organizational backbone to enhance your faculty and students’ personal planning agenda.
ACSP’s new President, Weiping Wu, has outlined her priorities for the Association for the next two years. The focus will be “Elevating and Connecting, Globally and Professionally," and here are the pathways we will utilize to achieve this goal:
- Globalizing and diversifying toward an inclusive planning academy, to sustain growth through globalization and diversity;
- Expanding public engagement and presence, to become the intellectual base for engaging in critical issues; and
- Educating future planners for emerging roles, to prepare them as change agents with new knowledge and skills.
Thank you for your loyal membership! Feel free to contact me anytime with questions, concerns, and suggestions at email@example.com.
All the best,
Katie J. Bohnett, Member Relations and Development Manager
Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning, Inc.
---------------------RENEW TODAY! FIVE SIMPLE STEPS --------------------------
1. Log in to your department’s ACSP account here: Log in link. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a password reset if you need one.
2. You will see at the top of your profile page, a button to *Renew Your Membership Now.* Click through.
3. For right now, only make necessary updates to the General Department Information section in your department’s profile.
a. Important! The field for the number of full-time faculty will determine your invoice amount. This number should match the number of full-time faculty you provide in the roster in step 4.
b. The ACSP asks that you include all full-time faculty who are then considered “capitated” and become part of your membership dues invoice for $50 per person. Part-time faculty may be capitated if you wish. Capitation for elective part-time faculty would allow him/her all the benefits of full ACSP membership.
c. Scroll to the very bottom of this profile page to Save Changes.
4. Once you save changes to your department’s profile, your invoice is ready for payment and up-to-date. You can instantly pay your invoice via credit card or print and mail a check.
5. The last, and very important step is to send an *UPDATED* faculty list directly to Katie Bohnett, email@example.com using the attached spreadsheet. Be sure to include First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and whether each individual is full or part-time faculty. Remember, this list determines the total cost of your membership dues for 2017-2018. Using this roster, Katie will create new faculty profiles, or delete individuals who should be removed. Katie will contact each new faculty member to provide their username and temporary password.
That’s it! Thanks again, and best to you and your school as your begin a new term.