2017 POCACITO in Germany Application
Friday, February 10, 2017
Ecologic Institute invites you to apply to participate in the 2017 POCACITO in Germany tour to explore first hand how German cities are adapting to the impacts of climate change. Participants from city and regional authorities, city planners and civil society actors will have the unique opportunity to directly engage with their German professional counterparts and build a US-German network to promote sustainable cities through international exchange. The program will take place from May 15 to 19, 2017.
We offer 15 seats on this tour. Please be sure to submit your application by March 6, 2017.
What does the program include?
Upon being accepted to participate in the program, the following will be covered for all participants:
- Flights to and from Germany
- All travel within Germany
- All accommodations for the duration of the program
- All fees related to activities, speakers and guides throughout the program
- Access to the international urban adaptation network to keep in touch with American and German field professionals
- The majority of program meals
To be able to benefit from this program, each participant is asked to provide a $700 one-time contribution towards the costs.
Where will we go?
We will spend five days traveling first to Munich and then to Essen to learn about their post-carbon transitions, specifically in the areas of climate change adaptation.