Planning and Technology Today Newsletter by APA-Technology Division
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Call for Short Articles
Planning and Technology Today, the newsletter of the American Planning Association's Technology Division, is seeking articles for its Spring 2017 edition. Distributed to over 300 practicing planners, consultants, and technologists, the newsletter is an ideal way to share cutting-edge projects.
We are interested in articles on the following topics:
- Smart cities case studies from planning perspective
- Equity considerations of using new technologies in planning
- Institutional adoptions of new technologies in planning and decision making
- Use of open data for planning or community development
- Social media or participatory tools for decision making
- Scenario planning and decision support systems
- Visualization of data in a planning context
- Big data for public health and policy
- Pedagogical approaches to planning technology
- Book reviews or idea papers
We ask short articles to be around 400 words or less, and longer feature articles should be around 800 words. Articles are due by January 16. Send inquiries and articles to the newsletter editor, Kayla Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the division Chair, Nader Afzalan (email@example.com).