Additional Receptions for the 2014 Annual Conference
Friday Morning, October 31, 7:00am - 8:00am
- Inaugural Year Celebration: Georgetown University's Urban and Regional Planning Program Reception
Friday Evening, October 31, 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University of Illinois at Chicago and University of Michigan Joint Alumni and Friends Reception at The Union League, 140 South Broad Street, Philadelphia
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, New York University, Columbia University, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, and Cornell University Combined Reception for Alumni and Friends - Commonwealth C Room, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- The RTPI Centenary: Professional Planning and the Academy - Reception jointly hosted by the Royal Town Planning Institute and Planning Theory and Practice (Routledge) - Washington A Room, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- All Texas Planning School Reception jointly sponsored by the University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M University, Texas Southern University, and the University of Texas at Arlington - Commonwealth A1 Room, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- University of Maryland and Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Joint Alumni & Friends Reception - Washington C Room, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- UCI, UCLA and USC Joint Alumni and Friends Reception - Commonwealth D Room, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- University of California, Berkeley - City and Regional Planning - Commonwealth A2 Room, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Journal of the American Planning Association (JAPA) Reception - Commonwealth B Room, Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Saturday Evening, November 1
- Ed Blakely Award Reception, 6:00pm - 8:30pm, Rose Petals Cafe & Lounge, 322 W. Chelten Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Inform the ACSP of your intent to host a reception
Reception space is available on a first-come, first-served basis and the ACSP will assist you with a reception room reservation. By telephone, email or fax, please provide the following critical information:
- expected number of guests
- preferred date and time
- title of the reception as you would like to see it printed in the conference program
- contact name, telephone and fax number of the person at your organization responsible for the reception details
The ACSP will contact the hotel on your behalf
The ACSP conference staff and hotel convention services manager will determine the best room fit (floor plan) for your event and will provide to you:
- the name of the room in the hotel for your event (Loews Philadelphia Hotel Floor Plans)
- confirmation of the date and time requested
- the name and phone number of the hotel contact to confirm the catering and payment details for your event
The details of the event are then in your hands
Your company/university representative is then responsible for working directly with the hotel to confirm the catering and payment details for your event. A simple contract will be required between your organization and the hotel which will outline these details.
- Have an idea of your budget! Many folks don't realize that hotels have a required service charge typically around 20% in addition to state sales tax. Also, just because your institution is tax-exempt in your state, doesn't necessarily mean it will be considered tax-exempt in all other states. You might check this out with your accounting department before moving forward.
- Review the menus and have ideas for your catering choices. The hotel representatives will assist you with your final menu decisions according to your budget.
- The hotel will work with you on billing arrangements. They accept credit cards as the easiest method of payment and sometimes require an advance deposit.
Event listings in the conference program
The name of your event, date and time will be published in the ACSP on-site conference program. Be sure to let us know immediately if any name, date or time details of your event change before the first week of September.