TIPS FOR PREPARING AN AWARD WINNING POSTER
Tips for preparing good posters can be found at this website: http://www.seniorsequence.net/index.php/guide/poster/; and more tips can be found here in this document The Poster Diva [PDF].
Dear Poster Presenters,
We’re very excited about the third annual Poster Session and Competition at the ACSP conference this year. We intend to once again highlight the poster session by placing the session in prime space during the Thursday, November 1, 2:45-3:45pm time slot. After the session the posters will remain in a highly visible location for the remainder of the conference. The session will also be a reception with yummy treats – not to mention there will not be any conflicting paper sessions! A committee will judge “Best Poster” and we will also have a People’s Choice award – the winner chosen by secret ballot with both prizes announced at the Saturday Awards Luncheon.
Given all of this promotion for what we anticipate becoming a great ACSP tradition, we need to let you know several things:
- PLEASE, please, please let us know if you DO NOT intend to bring your poster to the ACSP Poster session this year. If you are bringing your poster there is no need to reconfirm. Send a quick email of your withdrawal to email@example.com. Thanks! All posters will be highlighted in the conference printed program and a poster that doesn’t appear at the session will cause disappointment.
- Poster dimensions are maximum 30” x 40” with no minimum size. The poster must be able to be affixed to the poster boards with simple push pins.
- Posters must be brought to the ACSP Conference Registration Desk no later than noon on Thursday, November 1.
- The ACSP will work with the local Fedex Office for a printing discount. Check back here as we get closer to October.
- Posters can be removed at any time after the Thursday poster session but we recommend leaving them on display through the end of Saturday. Any posters left after Sunday will be left with the hotel’s recycling program.