The 2015 Administrator's Conference has been cancelled.
After low hotel reservation and conference registration numbers and follow-up efforts by Donna Dodd to contact chairs and directors individually to discern their plans for Boise, the ACSP leadership realized that we will not have a critical mass of administrators planning to attend.
The ACSP Executive Committee has consulted about this and approved a cancellation plan.
- Your hotel reservations can still be cancelled at this time without penalty. Please call the hotel to take care of this as soon as possible. Call 208/333-8000 or toll free 888/961-5000.
- Refunds of registration fees collected will be processed and you will receive a confirmation email.
- We realize the potential financial impact of making changes to an already confirmed flight to Boise. We certainly hope you can change your flight to be with us in Houston in October, and if the change causes financial hardship for you, please let us know.
We are certainly honored you wanted to attend, and we’re disappointed as much as the folks in Boise about having to cancel this year’s event.
Donna Dodd, Association and Conference Director
2015 Administrator's Conference, New Chairs' School and Diversity Retreat
March 24-27, 2015 ~ Boise, Idaho
The Grove Hotel Downtown
- Conference Registration
- Hotel Registration - deadline March 3
Registration is Closed
- Submit the registration form by ______. All attendees are required to register and pay the appropriate registration fees to attend. There are no partial registration fees.
- Fax and phone registration will close at 5:00 pm [EST] on Friday, ________. Registrations faxed or mailed to arrive at the ACSP office after ________ will not be processed prior to the conference dates. If you are unable to register by _______, the best option is to email the form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org; the second best option is to print the form and bring it with you.
- Special accommodations required? Please notify us by calling 1.850.385.2054 no later than one week prior to the conference and we will assist you.
- The ACSP accepts only VISA and MasterCard credit cards. American Express and Discover cards will not be accepted.
- University or personal checks in U.S. currency should be made payable to ACSP, Inc.
- If you require an invoice for a purchase order, please complete the necessary contact information on the registration form.
- The ACSP Federal ID Number is 54-2110263.
Prior to _____, requests for refund received in writing will incur a $50 processing fee. After _______, refunds will not be given. Please send a written request for refund to the ACSP office by email to email@example.com.
Registration Delivery Options
- Preferred Method - email completed registration form as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 850-385-2084
- Mail to: 6311 Mallard Trace Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32312 USA
Hotel accommodations - don't wait!
Hotel sleeping rooms are available at our special conference rate starting _____. The room rate for a traditional room is $_____ for single/double occupancy. This rate is subject to current taxes of _____%. Be sure to tell the hotel staff you are with the ACSP. The deadline to make room reservations at this rate is ________. Requests for special room arrangements can be made during your call. Check-in is at _____; check-out is at _______. Credit card details are necessary to confirm your reservation..
Conference Abbreviated Schedule
- Wednesday all day - ACSP Governing Board Meeting
- Thursday morning - New Chairs' School
- Thursday afternoon - Diversity Retreat
- All Day Friday, Administrators' Conference
- Friday - Conference Reception
Conference hosted by Boise State University - Local Host Committee
- Local Host Committee Chair:
- Local Host Committee Co-chair:
- Local Host Committee Co-chair:
- Local Host Committee Staff:
- New Chairs' School Headmaster:
- Diversity Retreat/Committee Contact:
- Preparing for the Job Market Workshop:
2013 Detailed Programming
2013 Program Handouts & PowerPoint Presentations
- ALL Event Rosters - as of November 14, 2013
- New Chairs School - UCLA - The Role of the Department Chair
- New Chairs School - UCLA - Budget Basics for Chairs
- New Chairs School - Chronicle of Higher Education - 10 Suggestions for New Department Chairs
- New Chairs School - The Formal (and Informal) Roles of the Department Chair (Contant, Chapin)
- Diversity Retreat - Keynote (Bensimon)
- Diversity Retreat - Developing a Strategic and Action Plan to Increase Equity and Diversity (Allen)
- Diversity Retreat - Integrating Issues of Diversity and Social Justice into Planning Curricula (Sen)
- Diversity Retreat - Creating a Supportive Departmental Climate for Students and Faculty of Color (Wubneh, Forsyth, Umemoto)
- Conference - Planning Enrollment Trends (Evanovich, Cowley)
- Conference - Planning for Administrative Advancement (Contant, Shibley)
- Conference - Recruitment and Retention of Faculty of Color ((Layish, Thomas, Botchwey)
- Conference - Advancement Campaigns: Generating Endowed Chairs, Naming Gifts and Other Major Gifts (McNair, Boarnet)
- Conference - ACSP-AICP Conversation on Core Competencies (Brown, Connerly, Thomas)
- Conference - Disasters and Planning: An Emerging Direction for Planning Education (Zimmerman, Peacock, Van Zandt)
- Friday Luncheon Keynote - Federal Perspectives on Planning (D'Arienzo)
- Conference - Distance Education Partnerships (Colgan, Larsen, Shen)
- Conference - Promoting Research in a College of Architecture: Opportunities and Constraints (Landis, Knaap, French)
- Conference - Massive Open Online Courses [MOOCs] (Cowley, French, Audirac)
- Conference - Connecting with Changing (Local) Labor Markets for Planners (Boyle, Farmer)
- Saturday Luncheon Keynote - International Approaches to Planning Education, an Examination of the Evolution of Planning Education (Stiftel)
- Conference - Physical Design in the Planning Curriculum (Crowley, Lara)
- Conference - Recruitment and Retention of Students of Color (Zapata, Umemoto, Freeman)
- Conference - Urban Planning Programs as Higher Education Leaders (Connerly, Schlossberg, Schively-Slotterback, Grengs)
2013 Conference Abbreviated Schedule
- ACSP Governing Board Meeting: November 13, 1:00pm - 5:30pm, continuing November 14, 8:00am - 12:00pm
- New Chairs' School: November 14, 7:45am - 11:45am
- Diversity Retreat: November 14, 1:30pm - 5:00pm
- Dean's Dinner (invitation only): November 14, 6:00pm
- Administrators' Conference: November 15, 8:00am - 4:30pm, and November 16, 8:00am - 5:30pm
- ACSP Preparing for the Job Market Workshop: November 15 & 16th
2013 Conference hosted by The Ohio State University
- Administrators' Conference & Local Host Contact: Jennifer Evans-Cowley, email@example.com
- New Chairs' School Headmaster: Cheryl Contant, Northland University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diversity Retreat/Committee Contact: Karen Umemoto, University of Hawaii, email@example.com
- Preparing for the Job Market Workshop: Anaid Yerena, University of California, Irvine, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2015 Boise State University
- 2013 The Ohio State University
- 2011 University of Texas at Austin
- 2008 University of Maryland at College Park (in Bethesda)
- 2007 California Polytechnic University at San Luis Obispo
- 2005 University of Cincinnati
- 2003 Florida State University (at Amelia Island)
- 2001 University of Pennsylvania
- 1999 University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1997 Georgia Institute of Technology