The 2015 Administrator's Conference has been cancelled. Please direct questions to Donna Dodd, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Registration is Closed
- Submit the registration form by ______. All attendees are required to register and pay the appropriate registration fees to attend. There are no partial registration fees.
- Fax and phone registration will close at 5:00 pm [EST] on Friday, ________. Registrations faxed or mailed to arrive at the ACSP office after ________ will not be processed prior to the conference dates. If you are unable to register by _______, the best option is to email the form as an attachment to email@example.com; the second best option is to print the form and bring it with you.
- Special accommodations required? Please notify us by calling 1.850.385.2054 no later than one week prior to the conference and we will assist you.
- The ACSP accepts only VISA and MasterCard credit cards. American Express and Discover cards will not be accepted.
- University or personal checks in U.S. currency should be made payable to ACSP, Inc.
- If you require an invoice for a purchase order, please complete the necessary contact information on the registration form.
- The ACSP Federal ID Number is 54-2110263.
Prior to _____, requests for refund received in writing will incur a $50 processing fee. After _______, refunds will not be given. Please send a written request for refund to the ACSP office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Delivery Options
- Preferred Method - email completed registration form as a PDF to email@example.com
- Fax to: 850-385-2084
- Mail to: 6311 Mallard Trace Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32312 USA
Hotel accommodations - don't wait!
Hotel sleeping rooms are available at our special conference rate starting _____. The room rate for a traditional room is $_____ for single/double occupancy. This rate is subject to current taxes of _____%. Be sure to tell the hotel staff you are with the ACSP. The deadline to make room reservations at this rate is ________. Requests for special room arrangements can be made during your call. Check-in is at _____; check-out is at _______. Credit card details are necessary to confirm your reservation..
Conference Abbreviated Schedule
- Wednesday all day - ACSP Governing Board Meeting
- Thursday morning - New Chairs' School
- Thursday afternoon - Diversity Retreat
- All Day Friday, Administrators' Conference
- Friday - Conference Reception
Conference hosted by Boise State University - Local Host Committee
- Local Host Committee Chair:
- Local Host Committee Co-chair:
- Local Host Committee Co-chair:
- Local Host Committee Staff:
- New Chairs' School Headmaster:
- Diversity Retreat/Committee Contact:
- Preparing for the Job Market Workshop:
2013 Detailed Programming
2013 Program Handouts & PowerPoint Presentations
- ALL Event Rosters - as of November 14, 2013
- New Chairs School - UCLA - The Role of the Department Chair
- New Chairs School - UCLA - Budget Basics for Chairs
- New Chairs School - Chronicle of Higher Education - 10 Suggestions for New Department Chairs
- New Chairs School - The Formal (and Informal) Roles of the Department Chair (Contant, Chapin)
- Diversity Retreat - Keynote (Bensimon)
- Diversity Retreat - Developing a Strategic and Action Plan to Increase Equity and Diversity (Allen)
- Diversity Retreat - Integrating Issues of Diversity and Social Justice into Planning Curricula (Sen)
- Diversity Retreat - Creating a Supportive Departmental Climate for Students and Faculty of Color (Wubneh, Forsyth, Umemoto)
- Conference - Planning Enrollment Trends (Evanovich, Cowley)
- Conference - Planning for Administrative Advancement (Contant, Shibley)
- Conference - Recruitment and Retention of Faculty of Color ((Layish, Thomas, Botchwey)
- Conference - Advancement Campaigns: Generating Endowed Chairs, Naming Gifts and Other Major Gifts (McNair, Boarnet)
- Conference - ACSP-AICP Conversation on Core Competencies (Brown, Connerly, Thomas)
- Conference - Disasters and Planning: An Emerging Direction for Planning Education (Zimmerman, Peacock, Van Zandt)
- Friday Luncheon Keynote - Federal Perspectives on Planning (D'Arienzo)
- Conference - Distance Education Partnerships (Colgan, Larsen, Shen)
- Conference - Promoting Research in a College of Architecture: Opportunities and Constraints (Landis, Knaap, French)
- Conference - Massive Open Online Courses [MOOCs] (Cowley, French, Audirac)
- Conference - Connecting with Changing (Local) Labor Markets for Planners (Boyle, Farmer)
- Saturday Luncheon Keynote - International Approaches to Planning Education, an Examination of the Evolution of Planning Education (Stiftel)
- Conference - Physical Design in the Planning Curriculum (Crowley, Lara)
- Conference - Recruitment and Retention of Students of Color (Zapata, Umemoto, Freeman)
- Conference - Urban Planning Programs as Higher Education Leaders (Connerly, Schlossberg, Schively-Slotterback, Grengs)
2013 Conference Abbreviated Schedule
- ACSP Governing Board Meeting: November 13, 1:00pm - 5:30pm, continuing November 14, 8:00am - 12:00pm
- New Chairs' School: November 14, 7:45am - 11:45am
- Diversity Retreat: November 14, 1:30pm - 5:00pm
- Dean's Dinner (invitation only): November 14, 6:00pm
- Administrators' Conference: November 15, 8:00am - 4:30pm, and November 16, 8:00am - 5:30pm
- ACSP Preparing for the Job Market Workshop: November 15 & 16th
2013 Conference hosted by The Ohio State University
- Administrators' Conference & Local Host Contact: Jennifer Evans-Cowley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Chairs' School Headmaster: Cheryl Contant, Northland University, email@example.com
- Diversity Retreat/Committee Contact: Karen Umemoto, University of Hawaii, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preparing for the Job Market Workshop: Anaid Yerena, University of California, Irvine, email@example.com
- 2015 Boise State University
- 2013 The Ohio State University
- 2011 University of Texas at Austin
- 2008 University of Maryland at College Park (in Bethesda)
- 2007 California Polytechnic University at San Luis Obispo
- 2005 University of Cincinnati
- 2003 Florida State University (at Amelia Island)
- 2001 University of Pennsylvania
- 1999 University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1997 Georgia Institute of Technology