March 25 - March 28, 2015
The Grove Hotel, Downtown Boise
Local Host: Boise State University
The Committee on the Academy is pleased to announce the 2015 Administrator's Conference will be hosted by the Department of Community and Regional Planning at Boise State University. Boise will provide a great venue to host the conference. Programming questions may be addressed to: Maria Manta Conroy, Chair for the Committee on the Academy, email@example.com or Jaap Vos, Local Host Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration questions can be addressed to: Donna Dodd, Conference Director, email@example.com.
Registration is Open
- Submit the registration form by March 13. All attendees are required to register and pay the appropriate registration fees to attend. There are no partial registration fees.
- Fax and phone registration will close at 5:00 pm [EST] on Friday, March 13. Registrations faxed or mailed to arrive at the ACSP office after March 13 will not be processed prior to the conference dates. If you are unable to register by March 13, the best option is to email the form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org; the second best option is to print the form and bring it with you to Boise.
- Special accommodations required? Please notify us by calling 1.850.385.2054 no later than one week prior to the conference and we will assist you.
- The ACSP accepts only VISA and MasterCard credit cards. American Express and Discover cards will not be accepted.
- University or personal checks in U.S. currency should be made payable to ACSP, Inc.
- If you require an invoice for a purchase order, please complete the necessary contact information on the registration form.
- The ACSP Federal ID Number is 54-2110263.
Cancellation deadline: March 13, 2015
Prior to March 13, requests for refund received in writing will incur a $50 processing fee. After March 13, refunds will not be given. Please send a written request for refund to the ACSP office by email to email@example.com.
Registration Delivery Options
- Preferred Method - email completed registration form as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 850-385-2084
- Mail to: 6311 Mallard Trace Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32312 USA
Hotel accommodations - don't wait!
The Grove Hotel, Downtown Boise
Address: 245 South Capitol Boulevard, Boise, ID 83702
Phone:(208) 333-8000 or toll free 1-888-961-5000
Hotel sleeping rooms are available at our special conference rate starting Tuesday, March 24. The room rate for a traditional room is $129 for single/double occupancy. This rate is subject to current taxes of 13%. Be sure to tell the hotel staff you are with the ACSP. The deadline to make room reservations at this rate is March 3, 2015. Requests for special room arrangements can be made during your call. Check-in is at 3:00pm; check-out is at 11:00am. Credit card details are necessary to confirm your reservation.
Just a heads up! The Treefort Music Fest is scheduled for downtown Boise March 5-29th, 2015. We suggest booking your flights and hotel rooms as soon as possible as this music fest has booked nearly every other hotel in the vincinity.
2015 Conference Abbreviated Schedule (Full agenda details as of February 24, 2015)
- Wednesday all day, March 25 - ACSP Governing Board Meeting
- Thursday morning, March 26 - New Chairs' School
- Thursday afternoon, March 26 - Diversity Retreat
- All Day Friday, March 27, and Saturday, March 28 - Administrators' Conference
- Friday, March 27 - Conference Reception
2015 Conference hosted by Boise State University - Local Host Committee
- Local Host Committee Chair: Jaap Vos, Director, Department of Community and Regional Planning, BSU, email@example.com
- Local Host Committee Co-chair: Diane Kushlan, AICP, Planner in Residence, Department of Community and Regional Planning, BSU, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Host Committee Co-chair: Amanda Ashley, Assistant Professor, Department of Community and Regional Planning, BSU, email@example.com
- Local Host Committee Staff: Sheila Weaver, Administrative Assistant, Department of Community and Regional Planning, BSU, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Chairs' School Headmaster: tba
- Diversity Retreat/Committee Contact: tba
- Preparing for the Job Market Workshop: tba
2013 Detailed Programming
2013 Program Handouts & PowerPoint Presentations
- ALL Event Rosters - as of November 14, 2013
- New Chairs School - UCLA - The Role of the Department Chair
- New Chairs School - UCLA - Budget Basics for Chairs
- New Chairs School - Chronicle of Higher Education - 10 Suggestions for New Department Chairs
- New Chairs School - The Formal (and Informal) Roles of the Department Chair (Contant, Chapin)
- Diversity Retreat - Keynote (Bensimon)
- Diversity Retreat - Developing a Strategic and Action Plan to Increase Equity and Diversity (Allen)
- Diversity Retreat - Integrating Issues of Diversity and Social Justice into Planning Curricula (Sen)
- Diversity Retreat - Creating a Supportive Departmental Climate for Students and Faculty of Color (Wubneh, Forsyth, Umemoto)
- Conference - Planning Enrollment Trends (Evanovich, Cowley)
- Conference - Planning for Administrative Advancement (Contant, Shibley)
- Conference - Recruitment and Retention of Faculty of Color ((Layish, Thomas, Botchwey)
- Conference - Advancement Campaigns: Generating Endowed Chairs, Naming Gifts and Other Major Gifts (McNair, Boarnet)
- Conference - ACSP-AICP Conversation on Core Competencies (Brown, Connerly, Thomas)
- Conference - Disasters and Planning: An Emerging Direction for Planning Education (Zimmerman, Peacock, Van Zandt)
- Friday Luncheon Keynote - Federal Perspectives on Planning (D'Arienzo)
- Conference - Distance Education Partnerships (Colgan, Larsen, Shen)
- Conference - Promoting Research in a College of Architecture: Opportunities and Constraints (Landis, Knaap, French)
- Conference - Massive Open Online Courses [MOOCs] (Cowley, French, Audirac)
- Conference - Connecting with Changing (Local) Labor Markets for Planners (Boyle, Farmer)
- Saturday Luncheon Keynote - International Approaches to Planning Education, an Examination of the Evolution of Planning Education (Stiftel)
- Conference - Physical Design in the Planning Curriculum (Crowley, Lara)
- Conference - Recruitment and Retention of Students of Color (Zapata, Umemoto, Freeman)
- Conference - Urban Planning Programs as Higher Education Leaders (Connerly, Schlossberg, Schively-Slotterback, Grengs)
2013 Conference Abbreviated Schedule
- ACSP Governing Board Meeting: November 13, 1:00pm - 5:30pm, continuing November 14, 8:00am - 12:00pm
- New Chairs' School: November 14, 7:45am - 11:45am
- Diversity Retreat: November 14, 1:30pm - 5:00pm
- Dean's Dinner (invitation only): November 14, 6:00pm
- Administrators' Conference: November 15, 8:00am - 4:30pm, and November 16, 8:00am - 5:30pm
- ACSP Preparing for the Job Market Workshop: November 15 & 16th
2013 Conference hosted by The Ohio State University
- Administrators' Conference & Local Host Contact: Jennifer Evans-Cowley, email@example.com
- New Chairs' School Headmaster: Cheryl Contant, Northland University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diversity Retreat/Committee Contact: Karen Umemoto, University of Hawaii, email@example.com
- Preparing for the Job Market Workshop: Anaid Yerena, University of California, Irvine, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2015 Boise State University
- 2013 The Ohio State University
- 2011 University of Texas at Austin
- 2008 University of Maryland at College Park (in Bethesda)
- 2007 California Polytechnic University at San Luis Obispo
- 2005 University of Cincinnati
- 2003 Florida State University (at Amelia Island)
- 2001 University of Pennsylvania
- 1999 University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1997 Georgia Institute of Technology